This is the fifth post in our staff writer Maxine Forcey’s blog, Unofficial Lifehacks.
I hope you are all doing well and feeling hella fabulous today. I sure am-I just wrote two essays for my rhetoric class and devoured some leftover pulled pork like the carnivore diva I am.
I don’t know about you guys, but my summer has been feeling sort of blah … and some days I just feel like poop. The same routine everyday drives me nuts! Days like these are the most important time to utilize my next set of life changing tips appropriately named: How to jump start your day in a positive way!
Blog post and photos by Maxine Forcey
Setting the tone for a great day is one of the best things you can do for yourself. If you’re anything like me, setting the tone for a great day is also one of the best things you can do for your friends, your bae, and your family, because they don’t wanna deal with your bitch ass complaining about the sky falling. Nobody likes a sourpuss. If you get into the habit of making the most out of every day from the get-go, I believe it will improve your life overall as well! Who doesn’t want a happy and positive life? So, read these tips and change your freakin’ life bruh.
- As soon as you wake up, take a minute to appreciate that you’ve risen to a new day. I don’t know what you believe in or who you pray to or if you pray at all, but I found that if you just take one second in the morning and say to yourself, “hey its going to be a great day” or “hey, I’m blessed” or “hey, I look fleek af just from waking up” or “hey, I only have five dollars in my bank account, but I can tap dance on the corner if I need to,” it’ll help get your mind in the right place to make the most of your day!
- Eat breakfast. The government health department has been telling you this since elementary school. Just do it. It helps, I promise.
- Blast your music as you get ready in the morning. I like to play Stromae in the shower and Kehlani when I do my makeup/hair/kiki. If you start your day singing your heart out and dancing around, you can’t go wrong. You’ll feel good and confident when you step out the front door.
- Don’t check your social media if you don’t have to. I’ve decided social media just sucks. If you don’t need to check your notifications or scroll through your feeds, just skip it. Nobody should be reading about somebody else’s baby mama drama or reposts of articles about finding the perfect man first thing in the morning. Do yourself a favor and skip da trash my friend.
- Do reply to your texts and send messages of encouragement to those you love. Don’t be lame, answer the texts you slept through. And never forget to tell you parents, friends, siblings, and everyone you care about that you hope they have a great day too. Spreading a little love never hurt anyone 🙂
Well, there you have it. The song of the day is “Something’s Missing” by The Internet. I really hope they come to Austin soon. Check out their new album Ego Death!