We’re only six months away from SXSW 2018 and the latest announcement from SXSW reveals over 20 new speakers for its Conference programming, which is organized into 24 Tracks divided between Interactive, Film, Music, and Convergence, presented in a variety of session formats.
- Ta-Nehisi Coates (Convergence Keynote) – Ta-Nehisi Coates is a national correspondent for The Atlantic where he writes about culture, politics, and social issues. His book “Between The World And Me” won the National Book Award in 2015. He is also the recipient of a MacArthur Fellowship. Coates’ forthcoming book, “We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy” will be available on Oct. 3.
- Dave Asprey (Health & Wellness) – Dave Asprey is the founder and CEO of Bulletproof 360, a high-performance coffee and food company, and creator of the widely popular Bulletproof Coffee. He is a two-time New York Times bestselling author, host of the Webby award-winning podcast “Bulletproof Radio,” and has been featured on the Today show, Fox News, Nightline, CNN, and dozens more.
- Jocelyn Conn, Akash Goyal, Ramin Hedayati, Hasan Minhaj, Matt Negrin (News & Journalism) – Jocelyn Conn is the senior coordinating producer for “The Daily Show.” Akash Goyal is the vice president of Multiplatform Content Strategy at Comedy Central. Ramin Hedayati is the supervising producer and oversees Digital Expansion at “The Daily Show.” Hasan Minhaj is a “Daily Show” correspondent, and a comedian, actor and writer in New York. Matt Negrin works on “The Daily Show”‘s Digital Expansion team and social media channels.
- Mark Cuban (Startup & Tech Sectors) – Mark Cuban is an American businessman, investor, author, television personality, and philanthropist. Cuban is the owner of the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks, chairman and CEO of AXS tv, one of ABC’s “Sharks” on the hit show “Shark Tank,” and an investor in an ever-growing portfolio of businesses.
- Jeff Fager and Charlie Rose (News & Journalism) – Jeff Fager is the Executive Producer of “60 Minutes,” now entering its 50th season, the most-watched news program in America. Charlie Rose is the co-host of CBS “This Morning” and contributing correspondent to “60 Minutes.” Rose continues to serve as executive editor and host of “Charlie Rose,” which appears nightly on PBS.
- Audrey Gelman (Social Impact) – Audrey Gelman is co-founder and CEO of The Wing, a company that builds co-working and community spaces for women. Prior to founding The Wing, Audrey worked in politics and public affairs in New York and Washington D.C.
- Kristina Halvorson (Brands & Marketing) – Kristina Halvorson is the CEO and founder of Brain Traffic, a content strategy consultancy; the founder of Confab Events, a content strategy conference series; and the author of “Content Strategy for the Web.” Halvorson is an expert in creating content strategies that fuel exceptional customer experience.
- Dan Harris (Workplace) – Dan Harris is the co-anchor of ABC’s “Nightline” and the weekend editions of “Good Morning America.” Harris wrote a book about his journey into meditation, “10% Happier,” which became #1 on the New York Times best-seller list. His success led to his creation of a meditation app and the “10% Happier” podcast.
- Steve Huffman with Christine Lagorio-Chafkin (Startup & Tech Sectors) – Steve Huffman is CEO and co-founder of Reddit, a social news site and the home of conversation online. At 22, Steve co-founded Reddit with college roommate, Alexis Ohanian. Christine Lagorio-Chafkin is the senior writer at Inc. Her work has also appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, and more.
- Dean Kamen (Startup & Tech Sectors) – Dean Kamen is the founder of DEKA Research & Development and FIRST® and has contributed to society through his prolific inventions and innovative contributions. Dean’s newest mission, as Chairman and Executive Director of the Advanced Regenerative Manufacturing Institute (ARMI), is ushering in a new era of regenerative medicine and creating a manufacturing industry for human tissue and organs that will benefit the health of millions.
- Savan Kotecha (Music Industry) – Savan Kotecha is a Golden Globe and Grammy nominated songwriter. Kotecha has been the recipient of 9 BMI Awards, and 15 ASCAP awards. His songs have achieved number-one status all over the world with artists such as The Weeknd, Ariana Grande, One Direction, Usher, Maroon 5, Katy Perry, Ellie Goulding and many more.
- Dr. Fei-Fei Li with Joanne Chen (Intelligent Future) – Dr. Fei-Fei Li is the Chief Scientist of Google Cloud, AI/ML. Li continues to hold her position at Stanford University as an Associate Professor in the Computer Science Department, and as the Director of the Stanford AI Lab and the Stanford Vision Lab. Joanne Chen is a partner at Foundation Capital where she works with passionate entrepreneurs who leverage data assets to disrupt business functions.
- Joseph Lubin with Laura Shin (Intelligent Future) – Joseph Lubin is co-founder of blockchain platform Ethereum, a decentralized application platform incorporating a virtual machine that executes peer-to- peer contracts paid for via micropayments of the cryptocurrency ether. Laura Shin is a Forbes senior editor managing crypto and blockchain technology coverage. Shin is also the host of the “Unchained: Big Ideas From The Worlds Of Cryptocurrency and Blockchain” Podcast.
- Tim O’Reilly (Startup & Tech Sectors) – Tim O’Reilly is the founder and CEO of O’Reilly Media, Inc. O’Reilly Media delivers online learning, publishes books, runs conferences, urges companies to create more value than they capture, and tries to change the world by spreading and amplifying the knowledge of innovators.
- Steven Pinker (Intelligent Future) – Steven Pinker is an experimental psychologist and one of the world’s foremost writers on language, mind, and human nature. Currently Johnstone Family Professor of Psychology at Harvard University, Pinker has also taught at Stanford and MIT. His upcoming book is entitled “Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress.”
- Alisa Vitti (Health & Wellness) – Alisa Vitti, HHC (Holistic Health Counselor), is a functional nutritionist, women’s hormone expert, and the best-selling author of WomanCode. She is a pioneer in the fem tech industry. She is the founder of The FLO Living Hormone Center and of FLOLiving.com, a virtual health center that supports women’s hormonal and reproductive health.
- Elaine Welteroth (News & Journalism) – As editor-in-chief of Teen Vogue, Welteroth leads Teen Vogue‘s editorial vision, while also expanding the brand’s presence through new consumer experiences and products. She is largely responsible for the expansion of Teen Vogue‘s coverage to include a wide range of feminist, social-justice, and political topics, alongside fashion, beauty, and entertainment news.