Following South By Southwest (SXSW) 2016 in March, the crew behind the annual conferences and festivals has announced this morning the first set of speakers for next year. SXSW 2017 will take place March 10-19, 2017. Mark your calendars!
See the full list of speakers below:
- Jennifer Doudna (SX Interactive) – Geneticist and pioneer co-inventor of CRISPR-Cas9, a groundbreaking new technology for editing genes
- Jill Soloway (SX Film) – Creator of “Transparent,” which has won two Golden Globes and five Emmys, including one for her directing. Jill’s first feature, “Afternoon Delight,” won the 2013 Directing Award at Sundance
- Mary Lou Jepsen – Founder and Chairman of Openwater, whose goal is MRI resolution imaging in a wearable, previously held executive roles at Facebook, Oculus, Intel, and Google [x]
- Dan Lyons – Author of the New York Times best-seller, “Disrupted: My Misadventure in the Start-Up Bubble,” and a former writer on HBO’s Silicon Valley, which had its world premiere at SXSW
- Earvin “Magic” Johnson – NBA legend, professional sports team owner, entrepreneur, philanthropist, motivational speaker and Chairman and CEO of Magic Johnson Enterprises
- Candice Morgan – Head of Diversity at Pinterest, leading strategy and programs to enhance diversity and inclusion
- Adam Savage – internationally renowned television producer, host (formerly “MythBusters” and “Unchained Reaction”), maker and public speaker
- Nadya Tolokonnikova – Russian conceptual artist, political activist and member of punk rock group Pussy Riot
- Ingrid Vanderveldt – Self-made businesswoman, investor and media personality, Founder & CEO of Empowering a Billion Women by 2020;
- Gary Vaynerchuk – Entrepreneur, four-time New York Times best-selling author and CEO of VaynerMedia. Gary is also a prolific angel investor and co-founded VaynerRSE, a $25M investment fund
- Amber Venz Box – Co-Founder and President of rewardStyle and the cross-channel consumer shopping service, LiketoKNOW.it
What else you need to know about SXSW 2017
What’s new for 2017?
To see a tentative schedule for what tracks are planned for next year’s conferences, visit this page.
Registration and housing
A call for entries
- Interactive Innovative Awards (for digital creative work)
- SXSW Gaming Awards (for video game projects)
- SXSW Accelerator (for inventive startups)
- ReleaseIt at SXSW (pitch competition for startups)
Submissions for feature films, short films, and music videos run until Oct. 20. Application fees apply so check deadline dates.
Submissions for music artists run until Oct. 21. Application fees apply so check deadline dates.