With about six months left until South by Southwest (SXSW) returns to downtown Austin, the crew behind the annual conferences and festival has announced this morning its second set of speakers for next year. SXSW 2017 will take place March 10-19, 2017, so mark your calendars!
- Lee Daniels (SX Film) – Daniels is a widely recognized director, writer, producer, and philanthropist in both the film and television space. He is perhaps best known for the 2013 critically acclaimed box office smash “The Butler;” “Precious: Based on the Novel by Sapphire,” which was nominated for six Academy Awards including Best Motion Picture of the Year and Best Achievement in Directing; and for his hit television series “Empire.” His new television series, “Star,” will premiere on Fox in early 2017.
- Cheryl Boone Isaacs – Boone Isaacs is serving her fourth term as president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. She has represented the Public Relations Branch as a governor for 24 years. She produced the Academy’s 2012 4th Annual Governors Awards
- Kate Crawford – Kate Crawford is a leading researcher, academic and author who works on the social implications of data, machine learning and AI. In 2016, she co-chaired the White House symposium AI Now, and wrote about AI and discrimination in The New York Times
- Bill Ford & Doug Newcomb – As Executive Chairman of Ford Motor Company, William Clay Ford Jr. is leading the company that put the world on wheels into the 21st century. He joined the Board of Directors in 1988 and has been its chairman since January 1999. He will be in conversation with C3 Group President and Co-founder Doug Newcomb, a respected journalist who has covered automotive technology for nearly three decades (Forbes, Wired, Popular Mechanics, Automotive, etc.) and is a leading authority on connected car and mobility
- Parag Khanna – Khanna is a leading global strategist, world traveler, and best-selling author. He is a Senior Research Fellow in the Centre on Asia and Globalisation at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at the National University of Singapore
- Kimbal Musk – Musk is on the boards of Chipotle, Tesla Motors, and SpaceX. His personal mission is to strengthen communities through food. Musk is a cofounder of The Kitchen, a growing family of restaurants that sources directly from local farmers
- Peggy Orenstein – Peggy Orenstein is the author of The New York Times best-sellers “Girls & Sex,” “Cinderella Ate My Daughter” and “Waiting for Daisy,” among others. She has written for dozens of prestigious magazines and newspapers, with her articles anthologies many times
- Randall Poster – Renowned music supervisor, perhaps best known for his long-term collaboration with director Wes Anderson, as well as directors including Harmony Korine, Todd Haynes, Richard Linklater, Todd Phillips, Martin Scorsese, and Sam Mendes
- Vivek Ranadivé – Entrepreneur, technology visionary, The New York Times best-selling author and philanthropist, Ranadivé is recognized for his outside-the-box thinking. He is the owner and chairman of the NBA’s Sacramento Kings
- Rachael Ray – Television host, bestselling author and Austin enthusiast, Rachael Ray, has hosted her annual Feedback food and music events in Austin during SXSW for the last nine years which have played host to the likes of The Districts, J. Roddy Walston & The Business, Shovels & Rope, JEFF The Brotherhood, Blondie, Raekwon and over 150 other acts
You can click here to see who else will speak at SXSW 2017.